Long Answer Questions (LA)
in Chapter 7 - Nervous System
Question 6 Long Answer Questions (LA)
Q6) Differentiate between natural reflex and conditioned reflex. Give examples to illustrate your answer.
Reflexes are of two types:-
(1) Natural (inborn) reflex:-Is one in which no previous experience or learning is required.These reflexes are inborn ,i.e.inherited from the parents.Example
- Blinking and watering of eyes coughing,sneezing,vomiting: these are protective reflexes.
- Salviation (when hungry),swallowing,peristalsis:provide functional efficiency.
(2) Conditioned (or acquired) reflex : Is one which develops during the lifetime due to experience or learning.Some examples of conditioned reflexes are :
- Watering of mouth (salivation) at the sight of a favourite or tasty food.Here,as an acquired reflex,salivation occurs because our brain remembers the taste of the food due to a previous experience
- Typing on the keyboard of a computer
- Playing a musical instrument.
Terms & Policies
2022 © Quality Tutorials Pvt Ltd All rights reserved