Lido values your trust. In order to honour that trust, Lido adheres to ethical standards in gathering, using, and safeguarding any information you provide.
If you wish not to agree with any of the terms and conditions of this Policy, kindly refrain from using the Website, Application or its products or until satisfaction for you to use the same by its Sales/Marketing/Technical/Legal Team, avail any of these services.
User Provided Information
The Website/Services/products records the information you provide when you register for the Website or Services or products. When you register with us, you generally provide
(a) your name, age, email address, phone number, password and your ward’s educational interests;
(b) transaction-related information, such as when you make purchases, respond to any offers, or download or use applications from us;
(c) information you provide us when you contact us for help;
(d) information you enter into its system when using the Website/Services/products, such as while asking doubts, participating in discussions and taking tests.
The said information collected from the users could be categorized as “Personal Information“, “Sensitive Personal Information” and “Associated Information”. Personal Information, Sensitive Personal Information and Associated Information (each as individually defined under this Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 (the “Data Protection Rules”)) shall collectively be referred to as “Information” in this Policy.
Lido may use this Information to contact you from time to time, to provide you with the Services, important information, required notices and marketing promotions. Lido will request for more information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you.
Lido will not differentiate between who is using the device to access the Website or Services or products, so long as the log in/access credentials match with yours. In order to make the best use of theWebsite/Services/products and enable your Information to be captured accurately on theWebsite/Services/products, it is essential that you have logged in using your own credentials.
Lido will, at all times, provide the option to you, not to provide the Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information, which it seeks from you. Further, you can, at any time while using theServices/products, also have an option to withdraw your consent given earlier to it, to use such Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information. Withdrawal of the consent by you is required to be sent in writing to us at the contact details provided in this Policy below. In any such event, Lido or the Company fully reserves the right to withdraw further usage of theWebsite or provide any further Services/products thereunder to you.
Automatically Collected Information
In addition, the products/Services may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use theServices/products. As is true for most Mobile applications, Lido also collects other relevant information as per the permissions that you provide.
Lido uses an outside credit card processing company to bill you for the goods and services availed by you. These companies do not retain, share, store or use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
Use of your Personal Information
Lido uses the collected Information to analyse trends, to conduct research, to administer the Services and products, to learn about each user’s learning patterns and movements around theServices and products and to gather demographic information and usage behaviour about its user base as a whole. Aggregated and individual, anonymized and non-anonymized data may periodically be transmitted to external service providers to help us improve the Website, products and its Services. Lido will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described below in this Policy.
Lido may use the individual data and behavior patterns combined with personal information to provide you with personalized content, and better your learning objectives/experience. Third parties provide certain services which we may use to analyze the data and information you provide to personalize, drive insights and help it better your experience or reach out to you with more value added applications, products, information and services. However, these third party companies do not have any independent right to share this information. Lido does not sell, trade or rent your Information to any third party unless, we have been expressly authorized by you either in writing or electronically to do so. Lido may at times provide aggregate statistics about its customers, traffic patterns, and related site information to reputable third parties, however this information when disclosed will be in an aggregate form and does not contain any of your Personally Identifiable Information.
Lido will occasionally send email notices or contact you to communicate about its Services, products and benefits, as they are considered an essential part of the Website/Services/products you have chosen.
Lido may disclose Information:
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- To enforce applicable ToU, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
- When it believes in good faith (doctrine of uberrima fides) that the disclosure is necessary to protect its rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, address security or technical issues or respond to a government request;
- With its trusted services providers who work on its behalf, do not have an independent use of the information Lido discloses to them, and have agreed to and adhered to the rules set forth in this Policy;
- To protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of theWebsite/ Quality Tutorials Private Limited or its users or the public as required or permitted by law;
- With third party service providers in order to personalize theWebsite/Services/products for a better user experience and to perform behavioural analysis;
- Any portion of the Information containing personal data relating to minors provided by you shall be deemed to be given with the consent of the minor’s legal guardian. Such consent is deemed to be provided by your registration with Lido.
Access to your Personal Information
Lido will provide you with the means to ensure that your Personal Information is correct and current. If you have filled out a user profile, it will provide an obvious way for you to access and change your profile from itsServices/Website/products. Lido adopts stringent security measures to protect your password from being exposed or disclosed to anyone. Only upon you forgetting the password for itsWebsite or Services, Lido will have a right to reset the same to you with your prior approval as per standard web practices.
Lido send cookies (small files containing a string of characters) to your computer, thereby uniquely identifying your browser. Cookies are used to track your preferences, help you login faster, and aggregated to determine user trends. This data is used to improve its offerings, such as providing more content in areas of greater interest to a majority of users.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies, but you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent.
Some of Lido features and services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Lido may alert you by email or phone (through sms/call) to inform you about new service offerings or other information which it perceives might be useful for you.
When you use certain features on its website like the discussion forums and you post or share your personal information such as comments, messages, files, photos, will be available to all users, and will be in the public domain. All such sharing of information is done at your own risk. Please keep in mind that if you disclose personal information in your profile or when posting on its forums this information may become publicly available.
Lido are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your Information. Lido provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect Information it processes and maintain. An illustration being, Lido limits access to this Information to authorized employees only who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve itsServices/products/Website. Please be aware that, although Lido endeavour is to provide stringent security, for information it possesses and maintains, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
How long does Lido retain user data?
Currently, Lido retains user data while an account is active and for at least three years afterwards. It may alter this practice according to legal and business requirements. For example, it may lengthen the retention period for some data if needed to comply with law or voluntary codes of conduct. Unless otherwise prohibited, it may shorten the retention period for some types of data if needed to free up storage space.
When you access Lido Website, its servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, internet protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
When you send an email or other communication to Lido, it may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our Services.
US Child Users
If your child is located in the United States of America, we handle their Personal Data in compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”). COPPA applies to child users who are under the age of 13.
COPPA requires that we receive verifiable parental consent from the child's parent or legal guardian before the collection, use, or disclosure of the child's Personal Data. To learn more about how we receive this parental consent, what personal data we collect from children, how we use this data, including when we disclose it, read the COPPA Direct Notice to Parents. We display this notice to all parents and guardians when soliciting and obtaining verifiable parental consent.
If you are a parent or guardian and you believe that your child has provided us with Personal Data without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will dispose of that data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Parents can always refuse to permit us to collect further Personal Data, request to review their child's Personal Data, or request that we delete from our records the personal data collected from or about their child. Please keep in mind that a request to delete records may lead to a termination of an account, membership, or other services, as the nature of our services requires the collection of Personal Data. To exercise any of these options, please contact us at email@example.com. Please be aware that to protect children’s privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify a parent or legal guardian’s identity before granting access to any personal data.
COPPA Direct Notice To Parents
Before we can provide your child with access to the website, an online learning platform for kids, we need your consent. Under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), parental consent is required for the collection, use, or disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information or personal data (hereinafter referred to as ‘Personal Data) from children under the age of 13 located in the United States. Lido Learning will not collect, use, or disclose any personal data from your child unless you provide your consent.
Subject to your consent, in order to allow your child to use Lido Learning's Site and Services, we would like to collect, use and disclose your child’s Personal Data as set forth below
You, as the parent/guardian, are the primary account holder. This means that:
Personal Data We Collect.
- You are the person primarily responsible for ordering services and paying any fees or other charges made to Lido Learning;
- You are responsible for deciding whether to share your child’s content with third parties;
- You are responsible for the active monitoring of your child’s content. Children who are under the age of 13 are expressly prohibited from including any personally identifiable information in any content that they post to our website unless or until their parents or legal guardians give permission. You agree that you will only allow your child to include any personally identifiable information in their content with your consent.
How We Use Personal Data.
- When we receive consent from you, we may collect additional personal data about your child or you from you, at that time;
- Your child may choose to provide Personal Data about themselves in the content they post on our website. However, as outlined above, Lido Learning requires that you first consent to our collection and use of this Personal Data;
- Personal Data collected if your child contacts us: If your child contacts us by email, through any integrated chat providers we may provide, or by telephone, SMS, or physical mail, we may collect your child’s name, username, email address, phone number, physical address, and the contents of that communication which can include any other Personal Data that your child chooses to provide. We will only use that Personal Data for the purpose of providing the service or support requested;
- Log Data: Lido Learning’s website collects certain personal data automatically and stores it in log files. This may include personal data about the devices your child uses to access our Service (including your child’s internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, and operating system); your child’s interactions with our Service (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during his or her visits); and usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our Service). We use this information to help us design and administer our website, improve our Service, and gather broad demographic information that helps us identify visitor preferences;
- Child Activity Data: We also collect certain information about the child’s activity on Lido Learning For instance, we collect information about when a child is working on a project and quizzes to help our instructors monitor how a child is progressing to help improve our Service;
- Cookies: We collect some of the Personal Data above using cookies and similar technologies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected devices to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser;
- We do not condition a child’s participation in an activity on the disclosure of more personal data than is reasonably necessary to participate in the activity.
We may use the personal data that we collect from a child to:
Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties.
- Contact you to obtain your consent and to allow you to activate an account on one or more of our websites;
- Determine whether your child is able to post content on one or more of our websites;
- Provide our Services, including administering our classes, features, and activities;
- Deliver a high-quality and customized learning experience;
- Identify, fix, and troubleshoot bugs and service errors;
- To publicize, post, and display the projects and/or apps created by your child so on our website or related pages or any other social media platforms along with your personal information.
- Companies under common control: We may share personal data between and among any current or future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership with Lido Learning;
- Vendors and service providers: We may share personal data with vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need to access the data in order to perform services on our behalf, such as providing cloud-hosting or cloud-storage services;
- Business transfers: We may share personal data with another company in connection with or during negotiations of any merger, acquisition, financing, re-organization, bankruptcy, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of services to another provider;
- Legal requirements: We may share personal data when we believe it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, including lawful requests from public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share personal data when we believe it is necessary to protect Lido Learning's rights and property, to protect the safety of our users, and to defend against legal liability;
- Lido Learning's Tutor and Academic Managers: In the course of providing our Service, we also share personal data about students with our tutors and academic managers to enable them to communicate with students and to assist instructors in understanding each student’s individual needs and capabilities. During live video sessions, instructors have access to the child’s face and voice along with any personal information shared by the student during the video session;
- Social Media Platforms: Our Service may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools such as widgets, which allow students to share information from their Lido Learning account with third-party social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter. Using these social sharing features is optional;
- Public Forums and Publicly Available Content: We offer several features that allow our students to connect and share content in public or semi-public spaces. Students do not have to use these features, but if they do, they should be sure to use good judgment. Certain information in students’ profiles such as their name and photo, the projects they choose to share, and any other information they disclose in the public or semi-public areas of Lido Learning’s Service, may be read, collected, stored, or used by others. Parents should be aware that some of these third-party services are not intended for use by children under 13. Students under 13 should use such services only with the participation of an adult.
The third parties to whom we disclose personal data agree to protect the security and confidentiality of your child’s personal data.
Changes to Our Practices:
If we change the way we collect, use, or disclose your child’s personal data, we will send you an updated Direct Notice and request new consent.
Parental Choices and Controls:
At any time, you have the right to:
- Review your child’s Personal Data;
- Direct us to delete your child’s Personal Data;
- Refuse to permit Lido Learning to collect further Personal Data from your child online and request that we delete the Personal Data that we have already collected from your child; and
- Agree to the collection and use of your child’s Personal Data, but choose not to allow disclosure to independent third parties.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that to protect children’s privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify a parent or legal guardian’s identity before granting access or otherwise discussing any of the child's Personal Data.
As noted above, we need your consent before we permit your child to use the Lido Learning website at home. You may provide your consent in one of two ways:
- At the time of booking your demo class with Lido Learning.
- At the time of becoming a paid customer and making a payment.
Changes to this Statement
Lido believes that, every user of our Services/Products/Website must be in a position to provide an informed consent prior to providing any Information required for the use of the Services/Products/Website. By registering with it, you are expressly consenting to its collection, processing, storing, disclosing and handling of your information as set forth in this Policy now and as amended by us. Processing, your information in any way, including, but not limited to, collecting, storing, deleting, using, combining, sharing, transferring and disclosing information, all of which activities will take place in India. If you reside outside India your information will be transferred, processed and stored in accordance with the applicable data protection laws of India.
The Lido Grievance Officer shall undertake all reasonable efforts to address your grievances at the earliest possible opportunity. You can reach the Lido Grievance Officer via whatsapp at https://bit.ly/32ZtBRr