1. NCERT Solutions - Science , Class 8
1. Crop Production and Management
2. Microorganisms: Friend and Foe
3. Synthetic Fibres and Plastic
4. Materials: Metals and Non-Metals
5. Coal and Petroleum
6. Combustion and Flame
7. Conservation of Plants and Animals
8. Cell — Structure and Functions
9. Reproduction in Animals
10. Reaching the Age of Adolescence
11. Force and Pressure
14. Chemical Effects and Electric Current
15. Some Natural Phenomena
17. Stars and the Solar System
18. Pollution of Air and Water
Q1) What are the different ways in which water gets contaminated ?
Q2) At an individual level, how can you help reduce air pollution?
Q3) Clear, transparent water is always fit for drinking. Comment.
Q4) You are a member of the municipal body of your town.
Make a list of measures that would help your town to ensure the supply of clean water to all its residents.
Q5) Explain the differences between pure air and polluted air.
Q6) Explain circumstances leading to acid rain. How does acid rain affect us?
Q7) Which of the following is not a greenhouse gas?
(a) Carbon dioxide
(b) Sulphur dioxide
Q8) Describe the ‘Green House Effect’ in your own words.
Q10) Describe the threat to the beauty of the Taj Mahal.
Q11) Why does the increased level of nutrients in the water affect the survival of aquatic organisms?
Want to top your science exam ?
Learn from an expert tutor.
NCERT Solutions - Science , Class 8
Crop Production and Management
Microorganisms: Friend and Foe
Synthetic Fibres and Plastic
Materials: Metals and Non-Metals
Coal and Petroleum
Combustion and Flame
Conservation of Plants and Animals
Cell — Structure and Functions
Reproduction in Animals
Reaching the Age of Adolescence
Force and Pressure
Chemical Effects and Electric Current
Some Natural Phenomena
Stars and the Solar System
Pollution of Air and Water
Race To Space
Terms & Policies